- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound bow-tie pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 3 anchovies, rinsed (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 -2 cups baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Generously salt boiling water and return to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and anchovies, if desired, mashing with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and their juice. Stir in olives and sun dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. If sauce gets thick, you can spoon in some pasta water to thicken it up a bit. Stir in spinach and allow to wilt down. Add pasta to skillet and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine, and serve with fresh Parmesan on top.